UPDATE 2-Silicon Labs Q3 results top Street, outlook in-line
* Q3 adj shr $0.67 beats est by $0.07
* Q3 rev $125.9 mln vs est $123.8 mln
* Sees Q4 adj shr $0.60-$0.63 vs est $0.60
* Sees Q4 rev $124-$129 mln vs est $126.3 mln
* CEO says looking to buy private firms (Adds CEO comments, share buyback, updates stock movement)
By Sudipto Ganguly
BANGALORE, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Silicon Laboratories (SLAB.O: Cotización) posted better-than-expected quarterly results helped by strong demand for its FM radio tuner chips, especially for handsets made by a key customer, Samsung (005930.KS: Cotización).
Silicon Laboratories also forecast fourth-quarter results in line with Wall Street expectations, reflecting the expected moderation in demand in the current quarter at Samsung. [ID:nBNG533420]
The expected fall in demand at Samsung was the main reason for the forecasted sequential fall in its radio frequency (RF) chips sales in the current fourth quarter, Chief Executive Necip Sayiner told Reuters in an interview. Continuación...