UPDATE 2-Synaptics Q3 beats Street, gives strong Q4 outlook
* Q3 EPS $0.38 beats estimates by 5 cents
* Q3 revenue beats expectations
* Sees Q4 adj EPS 37 cents - 47 cents
* Sees Q4 revenue above Street
* Shares up 3 pct after the bell (Recasts; adds earnings outlook from conference call, analyst comments)
BANGALORE, April 23 (Reuters) - Touchscreen technology maker Synaptics Inc (SYNA.O: Cotización) reported better-than-expected quarterly results, helped by strong demand for its technology used in netbooks, and forecast strong fourth-quarter results.
"Revenue from PC applications exceeded our expectations, and we furthered our penetration of the mobile phone market," Chief Executive Francis Lee said in a statement.
Synaptics saw a 25 percent sequential decline in its revenue from mobile phone applications, even as smartphone sales grew indicating the possibility that the company might be losing market share to its rivals.
However, this decline was offset by an unexpected growth in its largest segment PC application, which accounts for more than half of its revenue. Continuación...