UPDATE 3-Marvel's strong 1st-qtr profit lifts shares
* Q1 EPS, revenue beat estimates
* Raises full-year sales outlook
* Raises lower end of 2009 profit outlook
* Exec says 'Wolverine' film to generate revenue in 2009
* Shares rise 8.5 percent (Adds analyst and executive comment, updates shares)
By S. John Tilak
BANGALORE, May 5 (Reuters) - Marvel Entertainment Inc's MVL.N quarterly profit topped market estimates on strength at its licensing segment and DVD sales of "Iron Man" and "The Incredible Hulk," its first self-produced films, sending its shares up 8.5 percent.
The media company -- whose businesses include publishing, licensing and movies -- raised its 2009 sales outlook and the lower end of its profit forecast due to a strong start to its licensing and film production revenue and a fall in the anticipated tax rate.
"The pleasant surprise was that its licensing business was so much stronger a year after 'Iron Man' came out," Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst Michael Pachter said. Continuación...