UPDATE 3-Sony to launch 3D TVs in June, rivals Samsung
* Sony says 46-inch 3D model to sell for about $3,875
* Panasonic, Samsung and other rivals also launching 3D TVs
* Sony aims to sell 25 mln LCD TVs in '10/11, up 67 pct yr/yr
* 3D TVs seen as demand catalyst for electronics makers
* Sony shares end up 1.1 pct at 17-month high in flat market (Adds analyst comments, 3D TV demand outlook, closing share price, details)
By Kiyoshi Takenaka
TOKYO, March 9 (Reuters) - Sony Corp (6758.T: Cotización) will launch 3D televisions in June, entering an increasingly crowded market that is betting the revolutionary TV will become the next hot product in the electronics industry.
The maker of Bravia flat TVs hopes 3D models to make up 10 percent of more than 25 million LCD TVs it aims to sell in the next financial year.
Sony's Chief Executive Howard Stringer holds high hopes of a shift to 3D as it will likely give a boost to many of its business operations, which range from TVs, digital cameras and Blu-ray DVD players to video games. Continuación...