UPDATE 2-H&R Block declines to provide outlook; posts dismal Q3
* Says not giving full-year outlook
* Q3 cont ops EPS $0.16 vs $0.20 yr-ago
* Q3 rev hit by lower filed returns
* Says to outperform competition; but not successful yet
* Stock falls 5 pct after the bell (Recasts; adds conference call details, background; updates stock activity)
By Anurag Kotoky
BANGALORE, March 8 (Reuters) - H&R Block Inc (HRB.N: Cotización), the largest U.S. tax preparer, said it will not provide outlook for the year, after posting a 20 percent drop in quarterly profit from continuing operations, sending its shares down 4 percent after the bell.
On a conference call with analysts, the company said it was not comfortable providing any outlook for the year, at a time when reports of rival Intuit Inc (INTU.O: Cotización) eating into its digital market share surfaces, in indications of a uncertain outlook for the tax service giant.
The company warned last month that its 2010 profit would disappoint as higher unemployment levels led to fewer tax filings. Continuación...