UPDATE 2-MEMC sees weak Q3 rev, margins; to close facilities
* Says equipment failure at Texas facility to hurt Q3
* Sees Q3 rev $285 mln-$315 mln vs est $325.2 mln
* To phase out production at Texas, Missouri facilities
* Plant closures to impact about 540 employees
* Shares fall as much as 4 percent (Recasts; adds details, background, updates share movement)
Sept 8 (Reuters) - Silicon maker MEMC Electronic Materials Inc WFR.N said third-quarter revenue and margins would be hurt by the recent equipment failure at its Pasadena, Texas facility, and it plans to close two facilities and incur related charges.
The company said it would cease production of silicon crystal ingots and wafers in phases at its Sherman, Texas and St. Peters, Missouri facilities, affecting about 540 employees.
The company, which said a small number of the affected employees would be offered positions at other locations, expects to incur about $73 million to $78 million in charges related to the closures.
The closings will occur in stages during 2010 and early 2011, as production shifts to other locations, the company said in a statement. Continuación...