REFILE-UPDATE 1-Flowserve Q1 profit beats Street, shares up
(Refiles to attach headline)
* Q1 EPS $1.64 vs est $1.47
* Q1 rev $1.02 bln, beats Street
* Reaffirms FY EPS view of $6.75-$7.50
* Says "cautiously optimistic" on bookings for 2009
* Shares rise 4 pct after the bell
April 29 (Reuters) - Industrial pump maker Flowserve Corp (FLS.N: Cotización) posted a quarterly profit that beat market estimates, helped by higher sales at its flow pump business, and it reaffirmed its full-year earnings forecast.
For the first quarter, net income was $92.3 million, or $1.64 a share, compared with $88.1 million, or $1.52 a share, a year ago. Sales rose 3 percent to $1.02 billion.
Analysts on average, were expecting earnings of $1.47 a share, before items, on revenue of $1.04 billion, according to Reuters Estimates. Continuación...