2 MIN. DE LECTURA
Dec 26 (Reuters) - The following were the top stories in the New York Times business pages on Friday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
* Chinese institutions are taking advantage of the downturn and focusing on the newly unemployed to upgrade their own staffs.
* In response to the global financial crisis, China has increased the number of qualification tests for workers in the financial sector.
* In Japan, a hybrid boat engine is one part of a multimillion-dollar government-led effort to address rising energy costs.
* To fill more seats, theater producers are stepping up their online presence in an effort to spread word of mouth among Internet users.
* Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) issued a recall for more than 120,000 cars in China to fix a problem that could result in a loss of steering control, China's quality watchdog said. (Compiled by Amiteshwar Singh; Bangalore Equities Newsdesk +91 80 4135 5800; within U.S. +1 646 223 8780))