PRESS DIGEST - New York Times business news - Jan 12
Jan 12 (Reuters) - The following were the top stories in the New York Times business pages on Monday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
* Mary L. Schapiro, president-elect Barack Obama's choice to lead the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, has been accused of making misleading statements to quickly complete a merger of regulatory bodies.
* Federal banking regulators are pressing Citigroup Inc (C.N: Cotización) to shake up its board and replace its chairman in an effort to restore confidence in the beleaguered financial giant.
* Honda is bringing out three short films to be launched online, under the rubric of the "Dream the Impossible documentary series."
* Google Inc (GOOG.O: Cotización), whose chief executive endorsed Barack Obama during the campaign, is having an inaugural ball in Washington to welcome the new administration.
* Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T: Cotización) plans to introduce its plug-in hybrid electric vehicle late this year, a year earlier than originally planned, and a year ahead of the Chevrolet Volt.
* YouTube is aiming to raise its profile in American politics by helping deliver a glimpse of life on Capitol Hill to its large online audience.
* The board members of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York weighed who will become its next president over the weekend, interviewing candidates and meeting to discuss them, people briefed on the conversations said.
© Thomson Reuters 2016 All rights reserved.